The right internship can help you break into a variety of companies and industries in Dallas.
Working at a Tex-Mex restaurant is a classic way to gain experience in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but there are a variety of local internships, paid and unpaid, that can help you get your foot in the door.
A survey of top employers in Dallas reveals that Southwest Airlines offers a NoLimits Internship Program where previous interns have written for their inflight magazine, assisted with ad campaign photo shoots, and helped design marketing strategies while enjoying a long list of benefits including career development classes and free flights.
Meanwhile, retailer JC Penney offers a mix of engaging projects, fieldtrips -- even face time with executives -- for its interns in design (fashion, technical, and textile), planning, merchandising, procurement, and more.
If you want to work in technology, Texas Instruments offers paid internships in engineering, finance, accounting, and operations, and AT&T gives students an opportunity to get an inside view of telecommunications while gaining hands-on experience in the fields of leadership development, finance, and advertising and selling.
In the health care field, the Collegiate Fellows Program at Parkland Health & Hospital System is designed for undergraduates who might not otherwise have the opportunity to work in health care, and Methodist Health System has a long list of educational programs including nursing internships, externships, and preceptor programs.
The World Affairs Council of Dallas/Fort Worth offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to promote international awareness as an intern for international visitor or education programs, membership, marketing and communications, new media, programs, web development, protocol, or video production.
A sampling of other internship opportunities in various fields includes:
- Dallas Museum of Art - curatorial, family experiences, programs & resources for teachers, adult programming, and teaching programs
- Dallas Morning News - news, copy editing, business, features, sports, photography, graphic arts, editorial, reference, and web
- Kimberly-Clark - engineering (product, mechanical, and electrical), marketing, research, supply chain logistics, and finance & accounting
- KDFW Fox 4 - news, sports, creative services, sales, and programming & research
- Dallas Cowboys - sports and entertainment fields including sales & service, event operations, marketing, communications, and more
- Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas - various bank departments and functional areas, depending on current needs
Visit Monster College for a list of additional internships and jobs for current students and recent graduates in Dallas and around the U.S.
In addition, most schools have well-developed internship programs with connections at businesses throughout Dallas. Use our quick and private forms to request more information from schools in Dallas about their internship placement services.